1984= Holocaust?????



I DONT KNOW IF IM CORRECT BUT… IM PRETTY SURE THIS BOOK MIMICS THE HOLOCAUST!! I could be wrong but once Winston began thinking about his mother, then his younger sister, and finally his father, it seemed to me that he has PTSD or something of the sort. It seemed like he was trying to hide/ forget his feelings because they are too much to handle. He also talks about how his mother and younger sister were often in underground shelters hiding from air raids and how he often starved because they didn’t have enough food. I don’t know about you but the underground shelters and lack of food SCREAMED the holocaust to me. I believe it was Alice’s blog that showed who she thought each character in this book should be portrayed by and I 100% agree that Big Brother would be perfectly portrayed by Adolf Hitler (of course he wouldn’t be acting haha). But then again I could just be wrong so, what do you all think?

Comments

  1. Yes, a very astute comparison. Big Brother is described (and depicted in movies) as looking like Hitler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts